UTTC finished the OMA Indoor Club Series, based on age group placings in the three OMA Winter Mini Meets, with almost twice as many points as the next two Clubs put together.
University of Toronto TC 289
Throwers Club 166
Newmarket Huskies 134
Longboat Road Runners 104
Mississaugua Track Club 104
The highlights of the third meet were Canadian Record performances by two UTTC athletes;
W35 Khama Beckles ran 8.09 in the 60m Prelim – breaking Caren Reindl’s 8.16 CAN record set way back in 1994.
W55 Lynn Kobayashi of UTTC broke her own CAN record by 7 seconds, that she set two weeks ago with a 21:48.46 mark in the 5000m.
Duncan noted the following Club Records;
– Khama (W35) in 60m … beating her previous record
– Chris (M45) in 60m … beating his previous record
– Khama (W35) in 200m … beating her previous record
– Michael Schwandt (M30) in 800 … no previous
– Michal (M40) in 800 … breaking Gary’s previous
– John H (M60) in Mile … breaking Shaggy’s previous
– Michael Schwandt in 5000 … no previous
– Ming (M40) in 5000 … no previous
– Lynn (W55) in 5000 … breaking her previous
Full UTTC performances on the RESULTS page.